- To achieve a better understanding of the effects of alcohol on the health and behavior of individuals,
- To provide the scientific basis for the prevention, treatment and future cure of alcohol-use disorders,
- To fund innovative, high quality research,
- To support promising new investigators,
- To share information with the research community and other interested parties.
This unique mission combines a primary focus on the support of important, innovative research with a commitment to sharing data about alcohol and its effects through publication and conference activities.